Back home! Thanks again for all the good wishes while I’ve been away; I really appreciate it. c: The giveaway is now closed, and the winner has been drawn — check your askboxes!
In the meantime, here’s the cast for the HWE pageant! Left-to-right:
- Pumpkin as A Windigo
- Pound as Second Pegasus Guard (he felt a larger role was too much pressure; shame he’s the only actual pegasus in the class)
- Gusty as Princess Platinum
- Sunbeam as Clover the Clever (sunbeam no we’ve been through this, don’t you dare put that up your nose)
- Fizzy as Chancellor Puddinghead
- Gingerbread as Smart Cookie
- Twinkler as Captain Hurricane
- Spring Song as Private Pansy
Apparently “homemade costume” means way too much rickrack! At least it’s easy to draw.
A Posy for the Princess
Issue: My Little Pony comic #23
Comments: Look at the size of that cake, holy—!
Ah yes! That’s a good one …
Their origin is that they were enslaved in dark caves until they went blind, then regained their sight when shards of jewels were stuck in their eyes.
1986 Hasbro Toy Fair Catalog - Twinkle-Eyed ponies
These are prototypes, probably handpainted. What immediately jumps out at me is that Masquerade and Whizzer have swapped poses!
"Little girls will journey to a land where dreams come true just by gazing into a Twinkle-Eyed pony’s eyes! Like precious jewels that sparkle and shine, Twinkle-Eyed ponies have eyes that beam with all the colors of the rainbow. They have beautiful hair, streaked with magical colors, in either a sleek, straight style or bouncing with fluffy curls. Each Twinkle-Eyed Pony is packaged on a blister card and comes with a comb, ribbon, and grape scented body sticker. A delightful Pony Story appears on the back of each package."